Once the clocks change and the days get shorter its time to pull out the slow cooker again. It’s such a great piece of kitchen equipment to have. You can drop your whole meal into it and leave it to cook all day while you get some errands done. Or as I tend to do, watch football!
This week Lidl have limes really cheap so I picked a few up. I love limes and the acidic taste of them. I use them in so much of my cooking, and beers! 3 limes in this recipe might seem like a lot but trust me its worth it! The additional of the Sriracha adds that extra bit of heat to keep you warm in the cold evenings.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 and a half cups of chicken stock
- 2cm cubed of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Juice & rind of 3 limes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours.
- Once cooked remove chicken from slow cooker and shred in a bowl. Add a little liquid from the slow cooker if the chicken seems a bit dry.
- Serve with some pickled vegetables. I like to do carrots, chillies and radishes, and some boiled rice. Some raw red onions, mint and ground nuts go great with this too. You can try these on some tacos or for a great healthy substitute use some lettuce leaves.